• Types of bridges
• Terminology and structure components
• Bridge and culvert inspection
• General housekeeping
• Concrete bridge and culvert maintenance
• Concrete deck rehabilitation
• Steel bridge and metal culvert maintenance
• Load limit posting and vertical clearance
• Deck joints and bearings
• Timber bridges
• Soil steel culvert installation and construction
• Precast concrete culvert installation and construction
• Field trip inspections of various structures
This course deals with the principles of good management of bridges and culverts, and outlines the need for routine inspections, preventative maintenance, and proper signage of structures.
Who Should Attend
This course is structured to assist supervisors, general forepersons and other personnel involved in resolving problems associated with existing municipal bridges and culverts.
Presentations, discussions and field trip
This course is recognized by:
• This course qualifies as a “specialized course” for the Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS) Certified Road Supervisor - Intermediate level (CRS-I) certification program.
• This course may be used as credit toward the technical specialist exam program only. Please contact OACETT to ensure that this course satisfies your particular examination program for certification. Point Value = 5
• The Engineering Institute of Canada awards 2 Continuing Education Units to this course.
Participants registered for this course should report to the University Centre, University of Guelph, on Sunday, May 7, 2017 between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. to sign in and pick up course materials.
Register online or send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 289-291-6477.
University of Guelph
50 Stone Rd.