Deals with the principles of good management of bridges and culverts, and outlines the need for routine inspections, preventative maintenance, and proper signage of structures.
• Types of bridges
• Terminology and structure components
• Bridge and culvert inspection
• General housekeeping
• Concrete bridge and culvert maintenance
• Concrete deck rehabilitation
• Steel bridge and metal culvert maintenance
• Load limit posting and vertical clearance
• Deck joints and bearings
• Timber bridges
• Soil steel culvert installation and construction
• Precast concrete culvert installation and construction
• Field trip inspections of various structures
• Ontario Structure Inspection Manual (OSIM)
Who Should Attend
Supervisors, general forepersons and other personnel involved in resolving problems associated with existing municipal bridges and culverts.
This course is recognized by:
Register online or send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 289-291-6477.
University of Guelph
50 Stone Rd.