Signs & Lines – Creating Positive Guidance for Drivers Ontario Traffic Manuals - ON-LINE
This course is offered through Contact North and is being Live Streamed, presentations will not be recorded. You must log in each day to attend this live session.
Offers practical experience in using Ontario Traffic Manuals 5, 6 & 11. You will learn, through participation in group activities how signs and lines assist drivers as they travel from their point of origin to their destination. You will return to your municipality with an understanding of how these manuals work together plus a list of best practices to help minimize risk and defend the municipality in an insurance claim.
- Principles of Positive Guidance
- Influencing driver safety
- Sign manufacturing & Three Speed Triangle
- Best practices for ordering road signs
- MMS Requirements for Signs
- Retroreflectivity & Reflective Sheeting
- Sign Management Program
- Regulatory Signs (OTM 5)
- Warning Signs (OTM 6)
- Pavement, Hazard and Delineation Markings (OTM 11)
- Collision investigations
Who Should Attend
Decision makers and individuals responsible for the selection and placement of regulatory signs, warning signs, and the pavement, hazard and delineation markings.
- This course qualifies as a “specialized course” for the Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS) Certified Road Supervisors – Intermediate level (CRS-I) certification program.
- The Engineering Institute of Canada awards 2 Continuing Education Units to this course.
GRS - Member Livestream on-line course fee - $960.00
GRS - Non-Member Livestream on-line course fee - $1,200.00
GRS - Fed/Gov Livestream on-line course fee - $1,056.00
September 28, 2020 - Sep 30
8:00 am - 5:00 pm