Introduction to Plan Reading and Contract Interpretation guides you through the relevant data found in various engineering documents then reviews the components of a municipal contract. Using the information, you work through practical examples in applying the data to the administration of construction contracts.
• Symbols and abbreviations on plan views
• Symbols and abbreviations on profile views
• Existing site conditions
• Plan vs profile drawings
• Elevation and grade (including calculations)
• Specialized information and instructions
• Environmental contract components
• Contract elements and content
• Bonds, insurance and method payment
• Information for bidders
• Case studies based on actual projects
• Roles of Inspectors
Who Should Attend
Road supervisors, inspectors, lead hands, forepersons, and any personnel directly involved in the administration of construction contracts.
This course is recognized by:
Gord is currently the Director, Kitchener Corridor for GO Transit/Metrolinx. Gord has over 20 years of experience in highway maintenance, construction and design and has worked in the private sector, at the Municipal level and for the Ontario Ministry of Transportation.
Gord is a Professional Engineer and is a graduate of the University of Waterloo with degrees in Civil Engineering and Environmental Studies.