Municipal Survey CSA10
As an entry level survey program, you will be introduced to conventional methods of construction survey work. The program will include: levelling, checking grades, setting grades, calculating % grades, and a basic review of field pick up on a typical road requiring reconstruction. You will also be introduced to basic surveying calculations applicable for general construction projects in addition to a review of total station and GPS surveying for construction projects.
- Overview of survey equipment
- Construction layout and procedures
- Use of transit and level
- Establishing benchmark loops
- Overview of total station surveying
- Pre-engineering survey fieldwork
- Survey calculations for road layout and construction/inspection activities
Who Should Attend
Supervisors involved with maintaining and rehabilitating short sections of road, in rural or urban settings.
This course is recognized by:
- This course qualifies as a “specialized course” for the Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS) Certified Road Supervisors – Intermediate level (CRS-I) certification program.
- This course may be used for the technical specialist program only. Point Value = 5
- The Engineering Institute of Canada awards 2 Continuing Education Units to this course.
GRS Member Fee - $980.00
GRS - Non-Member Fee - $1,225.00
GRS - Fed/Gov Fee - $1,078.00
October 4, 2021 - Oct 6
8:00 am - 5:00 pm