Overview of Municipal Road Design and Construction Course CSA12 - Virtual Online
This course is offered through Contact North and is being Live Streamed, presentations will not be recorded. You must log in each day to attend this live session.
SCHEDULE: MAY 10-13 8:00 am to 12:00 noon and MAY 14 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm
Reviews the processes and stages of road construction, from initial evaluation of needs, to preliminary design through to construction and project completion. Examples will be used to illustrate the stages of approval, design, and construction of both rural and urban municipal road projects.
- Behind the scenes
- Setting the stage
- Engineering material options
- Introduction to engineering surveying
- Design considerations
- Design delivery options
- Design and construction processes
- Components of contract documents
- Contract administration
- The asset management connection
Who Should Attend
Individuals involved or interested in the design and construction of a road.
This course is recognized by:
- This course qualifies as a Tech/Management credit for the Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS) Certified Road Supervisor - Senior (CRS-S) certification program.
- This course may be used for the technical specialist program only. Point Value = 5
- The Engineering Institute of Canada awards 2 Continuing Education Units to this course.
May 10, 2021 - May 14
8:00 am - 5:00 pm