Soils & Pavements Course
Guelph Road School
Introduces you to soils and paving materials, their classification, properties, and application.
- Soils and aggregates
- Bituminous fundamentals and mix designs
- Routing and sealing
- Hot mix paving
- Expanded asphalt
- Cold-In-Place recycling
- Concrete paving
- Surface treatment and new developments (e.g. fibermat, chip seals, fog seals)
- Hot-In-Place paving
- Pavement management
Who Should Attend:
Road supervisors and personnel directly involved in the maintenance and construction of municipal roads.
This course is recognized by:
- This course qualifies as a “specialized course” for the Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS) Certified Road Supervisors – Intermediate level (CRS-I) certification program.
- This course may be used for the OACETT technical specialist program only.
- The Engineering Institute of Canada awards 2 Continuing Education Units to this course.
Have a look at the OGRA Career Hub. Where you look for a career, not just a job.
Join the conversation at the OGRA Interchange
The mandate of the Ontario Good Roads Association is to represent the transportation and public works interests of municipalities through advocacy, consultation, training and the delivery of identified services.