Premier Wynne Confirms Attendance for the 2017 OGRA Conference
The 2017 OGRA Conference planning committee is pleased to announce that the Honourable Kathleen Wynne, Premier of Ontario, will address the delegates at the 2017 OGRA Conference.
Details on the Premier’s speaking engagement will be released shortly. Please check the OGRA Conference website for the latest on the agenda.
Additional Conference highlights include:
- Small Town Forum III – A Session on Rural leadership Presented by ROI
- The Last Word - Formerly “Question Box” join Fred Dean and his panel of municipal experts who will give you straight answers to your questions on municipal issues.
- The Emerging Municipal Leaders Forum will feature young leaders from both the elected and civil servant sides of municipal government. These individuals will share their thoughts and experiences with students interested in a career at the local level. Students in attendance will hear what it takes to succeed and learn how the industry is evolving. A significant amount of time will be allocated for questions. The forum will be followed by a networking session where students will have the opportunity to talk to managers potentially looking to recruit young talent.
- Technical Session - Understanding the basics of asphalt technology is necessary for producing quality asphalt pavements. This three-hour workshop will feature industry specialists that will present on the fundamentals of asphalt plant operations, asphalt paving best practices as well as provide insight on proper sampling and testing and inspection at the asphalt plant and construction site. The session will also include a module on selecting the right Performance Grade Asphalt Cement (PGAC). This workshop will provide a solid foundation in understanding how to produce quality asphalt pavement, from the asphalt plant to the construction site.
- Concurrent Sessions – 18 workshops covering topics from Municipal Class EA Reform to Ontario’s New Municipal Asset Management Planning Regulation to From Local Food to Local Dollars – Agri-food as Economic Development. Click here to view all of the workshop topics.
For full program details and information on how to register for the Conference, please visit www.OGRAconference.ca
Conference Registration and Housing are now open.
Join the conversation at the OGRA Interchange
The mandate of the Ontario Good Roads Association is to represent the transportation and public works interests of municipalities through advocacy, consultation, training and the delivery of identified services.